Saturday, December 15, 2007

year end concert

During my wedding, I didn't even have a someone style my hair professionally.



But Shane got his hair done for the year end concert. Like Dragonball.




I kind of think, that preschool concerts are too elaborate these days with their costumes and choreography and many hours spent practicing. Last year, Alix experienced stage anxiety and burst into tears when the performance started...I wondered if she was better off not having to get up to do this all over again.

I decided that I would stand near the stage ready to whisk her away if she started to cry.

What I wasn't prepared for was this.
Waving to me when she entered the stage.



Doing her own thing.

Watching her on that stage, was like seeing her take those first steps again. That burst of pride and also wanting to burst into tears because your two year old has overcome bursting into tears.

I guess that's why they hold year end concerts.

6 Comments:

Blogger B said...

Aww! Your crayolas are so cute, C.

Next time must bring them for our concert/session ok, I'm sure they would lurve to see their mummy strumming on the guitar and singing :D

3:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so lovely! I guess the concert was a success. =) yeah!

7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, two year olds in concerts. My son hasn't performed in one yet. He's coming five.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

B - thanks :) I'll bring them the next time. Maybe that will inspire them to love the piano after seeing you and jeremy play.

Eileen - It was a good time, but they announced a major fee increase. So many changes.

Sesame - Yah i thought alix was too young but she seemed to enjoy it. Some of the younger ones cry when they go on stage and see their parents. I myself, can't take the stage at my age.

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Carrie! Merry Christmas, and why weren't you performing too?

;PPP

5:08 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

ivan - stage fright lah.

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home